In this 21st century all of us face the big challenge of energy conservation or preservation to deal with our ever increasing need for electricity. Now we are all concerned about climate change, pollution and obviously the future of our children yet the world appears to be walking onwards with little if any real reduction in greenhouse gas emissions. Whereas renewable energy sources do seem to be making inroads into the energy segment, it is not keeping pace with our rising need for electricity.
Change of Climate
All at once as stripping the planet of its natural resources, our energy consumption is also extensively having an effect on its climate patterns. Every time a fossil fuel is burned, CO2 is released in this procedure into the atmosphere, changing the Earth's natural climate and weather systems. Certainly as long hot summers and its heat effect can receive change to the usual wet weather in the world. Flooding, shrinking ice caps, droughts and extreme weather conditions around the world aren't also so desirable.
Some shocking forecast of what changes of climate could cause, and how we'll be affected
1. Global sea levels could rise by almost a meter by 21st century.
2. Climate change may drive more of a quarter of land animals and plant species to annihilation.
3. Heavy floods may now occur frequently.
4. Exposure to higher levels of UV light could reason to a further 5,000 deaths a year from skin cancer.
5. London and parts of the South East will be at a greater risk of flooding.