During the election, I kept hearing about renewable energy. In today’s economy, people are looking for ways to cut cost out of their budget. I am too, so I started thinking – Renewable Energy – what a concept!
I have trimmed back on my telephone service to the bare minimum, saving $40 a month. I cut my trash bill by $26 a month, by taking my trash to a dumpster at the local gas station for $2 a bag. Now for the Biggie… Renewable Energy. I’m in the process of eliminating my electric bill! That alone will save me about $1800 a year. Over the next ten years, I can save $18,000! I will probably save more than that though, because that’s figuring it at today’s rates.
These are the reasons that I came up with. You may come up with even more.
1. The obvious one will be that I won’t have to pay for electricity any longer… Instead, the power company will pay me, if I produce more than I can use, I can sell it to the electric company. That will be too Kool – getting a check, rather than sending one!
2. I found out that it won’t cost me an arm and a leg, like I originally thought it would. I can actually build it myself for around $200
3. The time is right. The economy worldwide is in a heap of trouble. By making my own electric, I won’t have to rely on others.
4. With the ever-growing shortage on fossil fuels, I’m not waiting around for someone to tell me ‘Sorry We Ran Out’, so I figure now’s as good a time as any.
5. I looked into it and found out that it’s not hard to do. If I create renewable energy, than anybody can!
6. This is great for our environment and our children and grand children will thank us for it. There may be some gas left when they reach driving age! Knowing that I am doing my part to conserve our planet feels great!
7. When I can make renewable power (my own electricity) for less than $200, I would be foolish not to!
8. I will be able to spend the money that I save on more important things, like food, making my mortgage payment, and other things I might need.
9. I won’t have to scramble any more during ‘Power Outages’ – I can be warm and comfortable.
10. When I install my renewable energy system in my home I will increase the value of my home by thousands! Can you imagine telling a potential buyer – Oh by the way, you won’t have an electric bill if you buy my house!
I always sit down and make a list of the pro’s and con’s, before I do something. I really can’t find any con’s in this one though. The only one I had in the beginning was the initial cost, and I found a way around that. After making my list, I decided that there is definitely a huge incentive to get started right away.