A concise guide to help you get relief from back pain symptoms with tips on how to handle acute backache and what to do in case of chronic pain symptoms.
Getting relief from pain in back and staying pain-free is well within your hands. All it needs is some discipline. If you have been suffering from back pain for some time, you are well aware of how difficult life can get with a backache. Simple activities like walking, sitting, and bending that we take for granted become painful and strenuous. Backache is one of the most common health problems affecting adults even as young as those in their early twenties. But you can overcome back pain with the right diagnosis and proper care.
Handy Tips For Immediate Pain Relief
If you have hurt your back from sudden stretching or lifting heavy objects, here are some tips for immediate backache relief:
- Use an ice pack over the affected area.
- A hot compress can also give immense relief. Use a hot water bottle or a towel dipped in hot water and then squeezed almost dry.
- Taking painkillers like ibuprofen can be a short-term measure to combat inflammation.
- Get a massage on the affected area. It warms and restores circulation.
What To Do For Severe Or Chronic Backache
If your backache is of a more severe nature, you will require more than just pain alleviation:
- Learn stretching exercises for your back and do them daily.
- In the gym- work out to strengthen lower back muscles. Learn Yoga and meditation. It will make your whole body more flexible and reduce stress.
- Magnetic therapy has been found to benefit some people suffering from back pain.
- Acupuncture has also been found to give back pain relief.
To maintain a healthy back:
- Adopt proper posture, don’t slouch when sitting or standing
- Regular exercise can keep your muscles flexible and strengthen your back
- Always warm up before rigorous exercise
- Maintain proper nutrition and a healthy diet, don’t let the fat accumulate, especially around the middle
- Sleep on a firm mattress and use furniture that is designed to be easy on the back
- Don’t lift more than you can. If an object looks too heavy, get help!
Getting relief from backache requires effort. You have to incorporate exercise and some healthy habits into your daily regimen. It may seem a chore, but it’s well worth the effort of regaining and maintaining a healthy back. After all, there’s nothing more precious than being able to keep up with your children at the basketball court or picking up things without wincing. Taking care of your back requires an individualistic effort. What works for one person may not work for another, so choose the back pain relief technique that works for you and stick to it.