Back pain that affects about 90% of people is the most happening physical disorder after cold and headaches. It comes with varied symptoms each representing a different cause and accordingly the treatment is specified. Very often accidents, over strenuous sports activities can result in back pain. But the most common reason is the muscular strain and sprain that can arise due to different causes. It is such a bothering condition that apart from restricting the movement one can’t sit comfortably for long and in serious conditions long bed rest is also advised. Blame it on the sedentary lifestyle or overstress, backache is one of the main reasons for missing out a good number of working days in US.
The severity of the backache depends on the causes and the symptoms can be listed as –
1. Intense or acute backache generally has brief existence lasting for several days or a week.
2. Pain continuing for more than 3 months can turn chronic.
3. Backache arising from torn ligaments remains confined to a particular area.
4. Low back pain may or may not extend beneath the thighs up to the feet.
5. The pain may be followed by tingling sensations in the leg.
6. Often the acute backache arising due to compressed nerve may cause numbness in the legs.
7. Pain may be felt while coughing or sneezing.
8. Prolonged sitting or standing may worsen the condition.
It also comes with a number of causes some of which are –
1. Muscular strain and sprain with the tearing of ligaments and muscular fiber.
2. Arthritis or bone degeneration due to aging.
3. Any back injury
5. Degeneration of the spinal discs.
6. Spondylosis that occurs with age.
1. Yoga and exercises help in treating the backache, as exercises help in improving the elasticity of the ligaments and joints and provides better blood circulation.
2. Applying hot water bags regularly also helps in relieving the pain.
3. Various anti-inflammatory and pain relieving drugs are advised in treating back pain. The acute cases may require corticosteroid injections or even surgery.
4. Ginger roots have anti-inflammatory properties and prevent the production of leukotrienes and prostaglandins, which are responsible for inflammation.
5. Application of hot peppers like Cayenne pepper and Red capsicum supplements reduce the back pain to a great extent. These contain a compound called capsaicin that helps in treating this condition.
6. Drinking few cups of Chamomile, horsetail tea regularly also reduces this problem.
7. Massage with Rumatone Gold oil helps in treating the back pain.