What could your bad back have to do with food portions? After all, you don’t model for a living, you don’t intend to fit into a teeny bikini any time soon, and you don’t worry about being able to wear your favorite denims. So, why can’t you wolf down a few more candy bars and muffins?
Because it’s not good for your back, that’s why.
Most people look far and wide for a back pain remedy when the truth is, they need not look any further than their kitchen. Excess weight strains the joints. In other words, those extra pounds you’re trying not to mind too much may be what’s causing you to look for a back pain remedy! Rather than pop a pill or two, why not exercise eating moderation instead? Controlling what, how often, and how much you eat is the cheapest and most effective back pain remedy there is! Eating right helps you treat your joints right. Here are some tips to help you control your food portions.
1. Break your leftovers down: Don’t use one big container to store all your leftovers, such as side dishes, pasta, or casseroles. Instead, store them in separate containers. That way, when you reach for something to reheat, you retrieve just enough for one serving. Breaking down your leftovers into single meal-sized portions is a good back pain remedy because it stops you from packing on more pounds!
2. Single out trigger foods: Food can harm, and food can heal. And because what you eat can harm or help you, what better back pain remedy is there than avoiding the foods that inflame joints? If you stay away from food that isn’t good for you, you won’t have to look for a back pain remedy at all. Your back won’t give you problems whatsoever!
3. Master the art of the mini meal: Want to keep that pesky blood sugar level on an even keel and avoid ever having to look for a back pain remedy? Keep your hunger at bay by making sure you eat small, healthful meals throughout your day. Mini meals work great at keeping your energy levels up.
4. Keep seconds out of sight: You’ve probably heard the saying, “Out of sight, out of mind.” Where best to put this principle to work than in your food? Keep dishes and pots far from the table. That way, it’s not convenient for you to get seconds; and the inconvenience will make you rethink your craving for another helping.
5. Follow serving standards: Want to make sure you can stick to the right serving portions? Learn how to eyeball your meal so you can gauge whether your serving is too much or too little.
The most sensible cures are often the ones that are the most effective. Why go looking for back pain remedy that you have to spend money on? Save your cash, fight the bulge, and reclaim your back by learning to control your portions. When you lose those excess pounds that have been stressing your joints, you won’t have to stress over finding a back pain remedy at all!