Every woman would admit that they are pretty conscious with their face. They buy a lot of beauty products just to make sure they look their best every day. If you check on their makeup kit, one item you will find is an elaborate pallet of eye shadow colors.
How do you apply eye shadow? It is overwhelming to see different colors and surely you would want to experiment on these until you'll come up with a beautiful eye shadow makeup. But to naturally enhance the look of your eyes, know the basics of eye shadow application.
The 2 Rules
- Apply darker color at the outer corners of your eyes and make sure that the eyeball is naturally darker towards the outside.
- For natural gradation, blur the border between the neighbor skin and the eye shadow.
The Color Set
Your eye shadow set is typically divided into 3 sets of color: light, intermediate and dark. When applying, follow this guide:
- Apply light color on your whole eyelid to brighten up the eyes. Use a thick brush or tip to do this.
- Blend in intermediate colors. Start from the outer corner going inwards. Make sure to apply more at the outermost corner of your eyes. A light dab will do for the inner corners.
- Dark colors should be applied along your upper and lower lash lines.
Practice makes eye shadow application perfect. Master the basic rules and keep in mind the color set.
While makeup is fun, you must also consider your skin. When the day is done, don't be lazy to clean your face. To protect your skin, practice the basic face regimen: cleanse, exfoliate, tone, and moisturize.
This is the core of every skin care routine. Proper cleansing should start by removing makeup first then washing your face. Ideally, you should wash your face twice daily, in the morning and before going to bed. If your face is dry however, you can skip morning wash and use water or moisturizer for cleaning.
This step keeps your skin radiant, smooth, and healthy. Daily exfoliation allows your skin to receive the moisturizer you will apply. Make this a regular once daily part of your skincare regimen.
This is necessary if your skin is oily and you feel like there is still dirt left behind after cleansing and exfoliating. Refrain from using alcohol-based toners as this will strip away all the oil in your skin and leave it dry.
A good moisturizer will seal in moisture and prevent dryness of your skin. If you have oily skin, use lighter products. It is wise to consult your dermatologist if you have acne.
Ageing is natural and inevitable. But there are best practices and face beauty tips you can do to keep your skin more firm and more even as you age.