Testosterone plays a very important role for men who are trying to lose weight, build muscle, or even just maintain peak levels of health. Therefore, for a male who is looking to burn fat, their fat burning diet should essentially be a testosterone boosting diet. In this way you are ensuring that this vital hormone plays the key role that it was designed to do. Here are 10 of the best foods for “naturally” boosting your testosterone levels.
1. Beef – I must emphasize here that this beef should be lean beef. You don’t want to be consuming too much fat if you can avoid it. The combination of high levels of both protein and zinc in beef will promote testosterone production in the body and the small amount of saturated fat is also necessary.
2. Poultry – As was mentioned above, protein has a beneficial effect on hormone levels. Both chicken breast and turkey breast are, for example, very high in protein and very low in fat: The perfect food for burning fat and building muscle.
3. Oysters – These are absolutely packed with zinc and also have hefty amounts of protein and magnesium. This is the reason why oysters are known as being an aphrodisiac. It is because they have a direct effect on testosterone levels.
4. Beans – Out of all the vegetables available to you, beans have a higher zinc content than anything else. They also contain high levels of protein and even higher levels of fibre, which make them even harder to turn down. The fibre content of beans makes them a must have for any fat burning diet.
5. Brussels Sprouts – These little beauties have within them a magical ingredient known as “Indole-3-Carbinol”. This particular indole has been shown to decrease the estrogen (female hormone) levels in men by as much as half! So forget about what they taste like and just eat them.
6. Eggs – Cholesterol is the building block of testosterone. Considering how much cholesterol is found within eggs, you can now see why you should be having them at least once per day. Also, don’t be afraid of consuming the cholesterol in eggs, as not all cholesterols are the same: There are healthy and unhealthy types. Eggs are the healthy type.
7. Garlic – The magic ingredient in garlic that will boost your T levels is called Allicin. This ingredient boosts T levels and decreases cortisol levels at the same time. Cortisol is a hormone that competes with testosterone in the body. Therefore anything that can inhibit its production is invaluable.
8. Broccoli – As was mentioned with the Brussels sprouts, broccoli is also loaded with the miracle compound, Indole-3-Carbinol. Not to mention that broccoli also has very high levels of protein for a vegetable and high levels of fibre, and you have a winner.
9. Cottage Cheese – Not many foods have as much protein and as little fat as cottage cheese. In fact, it actually has more protein and less fat than even red meat or poultry. Make sure that you purchase the one that is only 1% fat. Cottage cheese can also be consumed before bed in order to give your body a steady supply of protein while you sleep.
10. Cabbage – You are probably sick of this word by now, but cabbage is also another food with very high levels of Indole-3-Carbinol. Not to mention the high fibre content that all green vegetables have.
So there you have it: 10 of the best foods to naturally boost your testosterone levels. So if you are a male looking to get lean for summer, forget about those fat burning diet tricks, such as only eating carrots for 5 days of the week. Incorporate these foods into your diet and you will transform yourself into an automatic fat-burning, muscle-building machine.