Most of us don’t associate baking with recipes to build muscle. With a little ingenuity you can make healthy high protein recipes at every turn in the kitchen and this is a favorite “muscle muffin” recipe of mine! Everyone loves a delicious treat, and now you can enjoy this protein packed muffin that is actually good for you – just remember one muffin is a serving so don’t get crazy eating the whole tray fresh out of the over. For those of you manly muscle heads – there’s no need to fear baking! No you don’t need to wear grandmas oven mitts and apron to whip up delicious baked goods. In a few easy steps and less than 30 minutes you can whip up some recipes to build muscle and you can start with this high protein Banana Oat Muscle Muffin recipe!
– 1 Banana
– ¾ cup egg whites
– ½ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
– ¾ cup oats
– 2 scoops of vanilla WHEY protein powder
– ¼ cup of a sugar substitute (Splenda, Sweet n’ low, etc)
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 4 tbsp low-fat Greek yogurt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray your muffin tray with a cooking spray to prevent your muffins from sticking to the tray.
2. In a mixing bowl, blend all ingredients together until they are smooth and all chunks have been sorted out. No one wants to bite into a chunk of protein powder or a clump of oats! Next, spread evenly into your muffin tray filling all the way up to the top.
3. Throw the tray in the oven for about 17 minutes. In order to tell if they are baked all the way through, try inserting a toothpick or fork into the muffins. Upon removing the toothpick, if no muffin residue sticks onto the toothpick, they are done!
4. Top off your high protein recipe creation with the Greek yogurt as a nice glaze and enjoy! Yields 12 servings. For maximum freshness, store the remaining muffins in your fridge to enjoy throughout your week.
The breakdown: (per individual muffin)
Protein: 8 grams
Carbs: 7 grams
Fat: 1 gram
Fiber: 1 gram
Total Prep time: 23 minutes
Total Enjoyment: 100%
Tip: Wrap the muffins individually in plastic wrap and keep in the freezer. They’re a great snack to take to work to enjoy, or boast about your new ability to master recipes to build muscle!