If you suffer from heavy sweating then you certainly have a major problem on your hands. This condition might cause you to be covered in rivers of perspiration even if you have done very mild activity. Not only will you feel physically uncomfortable because of all the sweat but you will also put off a lot of people who happen to be in your vicinity. People are very conscious about tidiness and cleanliness these days and they will definitely think badly of you if you are covered in sweat whenever they see you.
There are a few things you could do to control heavy sweating and to reduce its negative impact on your life. They are:
1. Wear the right clothes. By this one means that you should wear clothes that allow your skin to breathe easily, thereby reducing the amount of sweat your body creates. You should also wear clothes that do not show sweat stains easily. Certain fabrics and colors will help hide this problem.
2. Try to schedule your appointments so that you do not turn up for an important meeting long after you have bathed. If you have to commute to reach a place then you should always add extra time so that you can freshen up before you arrive for the meeting. It is best to avoid going out during the hottest parts of the day.
3. Reduce your overall stress levels by practicing yoga, tai chi, meditation or anything else that works best for you. You might sweat less if you are less stressed.
4. Carry a fresh set of clothes as well as wet wipes so that you can freshen yourself if and when necessary.
5. Seek medical treatment for your problem because this is the only long term solution for it. The other methods only provide temporary relief at best since they help disguise the symptoms. There are many different treatments available for the problem of heavy sweating and your doctor will be able to advise you regarding the best one to follow in your case.
Heavy sweating does not have to be a major factor in your life as long as you get the right medical help for it. At the same time, you need to have a good understanding of the pros and cons of the different treatment options so that you do not suffer any untoward side effects instead of getting a proper cure.