As you grow old, your skin starts to show the signs of ageing in the form of fine lines and wrinkles. These lines make their appearance around the eyes and on the neck. A regular skin care routine is essential if you want to ensure that your skin looks youthful. One routine to follow is to use a wrinkle cream in addition to your cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine. And the other alternative is to consider cosmetic surgery.
While many people do believe that cosmetic surgery is the best way to keep your skin smooth and wrinkle free, using a wrinkle cream also has its benefits. In fact, many people are of the belief that it is an excellent alternative to cosmetic surgery.
How Do Wrinkle Creams Work?
Wrinkle creams contain ingredients that smooth the fine facial lines and also prevent the damages caused to skin by exposure to sun. If you are looking for a miracle, then you won’t find it in your bottle. If you are looking for a long term solution, then you will find it in your skin cream only if you use it for a long tie and regularly. To know what makes an effective alternative to cosmetic surgery, you have to first know what it contains.
What Do They Contain To Be Effective?
A wrinkle cream’s effectiveness depends on its active ingredients. The following ingredients are essential for improvement in wrinkles.
1. Retinol – This is a compound of vitamin a and also an antioxidant and hence, it neutralizes the free radical in your skin.
2. Hydroxy Acids – Hydroxy acids are added as AHA or BHA in the wrinkle. They exfoliate skin and remove dead skin causing growth of new skin with an even tone.
3. Coenzyme Q10 – This is another much advertised ingredients. It is actually a nutrient that regulates the production of energy in cells and thus reduces wrinkles.
4. Copper Peptides – They encourage collagen production and make skin supple.
5. Kinetin – Kinetin works by retaining the moisture in skin and encouraging collagen production.
6. Tea Extracts – Tea of all kinds i.e. green, black and oolong contain antioxidant properties. These are essential for neutralizing free radicals that cause skin cells to break down leading to formation of wrinkles.
When you can get the same benefits from a wrinkle cream, why would you choose the other option i.e. cosmetic surgery? It is expensive and can be painful. The healing time after a surgery is also long. Therefore, when wrinkles make their appearance, get a good skin cream. Check its ingredients and ensure that you are getting your money’s worth. Use it regularly and you will find that it is a good and effective alternative to cosmetic surgery.