Panchakarma is a set of very unique detoxifying and rejuvenating Ayurvedic treatments, performed under the supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner.
Panchakarma means the "five therapies". These 5 therapeutic means of eliminating toxins from the body are Vamana (Inducing vomiting), Virechana (inducing purgation), Nasya (installing medicated oil in nostrils), 2 Basti therapies (enema or colonic irrigation with herbal decoctions or oils). This series of five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions).
Apart from these there are many adjuvent procedures like Body massage, Herbal steam, Shirodhara, Shirobasti, Oil bath, Akshi tarpan (Eye nourishment therapy), Katibasti (Therapy for Backache), Hrid basti (therapy for pseudo angina / peri carditis), Janu basti (therapy for knee osteoarhtritis) etc.
Panchakarma aims to reverse the negative effects of day-to-day stress and environmental toxins by removing these toxins from your body and restoring balance to your system.
An Ayurveda expert designs a schedule as per the requirement of the body. This aims primarily at maintaining the health of a healthy individual or to eradicate the disease underlying or deep seated in the body. Panchakarma procedures have the power to expel out all the toxins from the body thus making the body again clean and free from an ailment.
A Panchakarma session lasts for 7 – 14 days and is tailored to your specific constitution and state of health. Our Ayurvedic consultants give personal attention to every Panchakarma client, in order to help you to get the most out of the therapy.
The following are some of the benefits of Panchakarma:
1. Cleanses the whole body of toxins and restores balance to one's system.
2. Enables life-giving energy to flow uninhibited through the body's energy Channels.
3. Brings inner peace, confidence and a sense of wellbeing.
4. Strengthens the immune system, thus improving our resistance to illnesses.
5. It reverses the effects of stress and ageing in mind and body.
6. It enhances our strength, energy and vitality, as well as mental clarity and alertness.
7. It helps the body to heal itself, thus reducing dependency on herbs and medicines.
8. Helps one to make positive and beneficial lifestyle changes.