Eczema is a skin problem that people of every age face, up to 15 million people! There are different types such as discoid, seborrhoeic, asteatotic and popolyx to name a few. And there are various things that can trigger Eczema outbreaks such as foods, allergens, stress and immune system imbalances. If you suffer from this disease, you know that you do not really care as much about what kind you have or what it comes from, but only about how you can get rid of it! Here are quite a few ideas on how to combat it with these natural Eczema remedies.
1. Drink lots of water. As you increase your intake of H2O, your skin will be increasingly moisturized.
2. Reduce or eliminate caffeine from your diet. Getting rid of coffee, sodas and chocolates can help reduce Eczema symptoms.
3. Cut back on your alcohol intake. Drinking alcohol can lead to dehydration and will contribute to your dry skin problem.
4. Avoid scratching. When you rub or scratch the affected area, it can make it worse or even cause infection.
5. Apply oil. Using Jo Joba Oil on affected areas will soften and moisturize your skin.
6. Moisturize. Daily moisturizing will help decrease the dry, flaky skin that comes with Eczema.
7. Lukewarm baths. Hot water dries out skin, so bathe in lukewarm water.
8. Avoid skin aggravating. Synthetic fabrics can irritate your skin, so try to stick with wearing natural fabrics like cotton.
9. Probiotics. Add probiotics to your diet to help in digestion and cleansing your body.
10. Eat healthy. Consume lots of fruits and vegetables and try to cut down on the intake of eggs, meat, milk and soy.
11. Drastically reduce saturated fats. Take measures to really cut back on these fats and include healthy ones that include omega-3 instead. Salmon is a great choice to get this oil.
12. Journal. Keep a daily food/lifestyle journal to see what might be triggering your Eczema outbreaks.
Most people who suffer from this skin condition have already tried normal treatments like creams, steroids, and over the counter medication. Most of the time, these only work temporarily and do not address the root cause. With the above natural eczema remedies, you will begin to see changes in your skin and some of the causes addressed.