Do you want tight toned and sculpted six pack abs? Read this article and discover how isometric abs exercises can give you a ripped and sculpted midsection in just seconds
Doing Isometric abs exercises can very quickly help you get a lean, flat stomach — as well as six pack abs. When it comes to working out your abdominal area what you don’t want is to increase the muscle size. All you will end up getting from doing stomach exercises incorrectly is a bigger waist.
And that’s exactly what all of us don’t want — isn’t it?
That is why Iso Tension exercises for your abs is probably one of the best ways to work out your stomach area.
Isometric abs exercises focus on three aspects of training your abs and core. In addition, isometrics easily focuses on three major muscle groups that make up your entire midsection.
- 1. Transverse Abdominus ( these are the actual muscles that keep your stomach tight, pulled in and flat.)
- 2. Obliques (these are your side ab muscles — typically known as your love handles when they are covered by fat. You don’t want to overtrain this particular muscle group because this will add more girth to your waist.)
- 3. Rectus Abdominus (these are the actual muscles that form your six pack abs)
The fantastic advantage that isometrics has over any other exercise protocol is that it doesn’t take a lot of time in fact if you were doing freehand isometric exercises you shouldn’t hold the isometric contraction for more than a few seconds.
If you’re using an Iso exerciser or Iso exercise equipment you have the advantage of being able to train both with repetitions and iso tension.
Here is an easy stomach Iso-Tension exercise that you can perform at your desk at work or at home. (Bear in mind you will get faster results if you use some type of progressive resistance exercise equipment such as resistance bands, isometric exercise equipment, or dumbbells.) For this exercise you will need no equipment whatsoever.
1. Sit in your chair comfortably with your back straight.
2. Take a deep breath and at the same time squeeze your stomach and tightly (suck your stomach.)
3. Keeping your stomach sucked in tense the stomach muscles hard as you can.
4. When you begin to feel your ab muscles beginning to quiver… breathe out while maintaining the isometric contraction.
That’s how simple an isometric abs exercise can be. So don’t wait try it now while you’re reading this article. It only takes a few seconds.