Chronic Bursitis is an ailment caused by inflammation of the bursa. The bursa is a sac of lubricating fluid used to reduce friction between the tendons and the bones (the joint). It is caused by recurring activity that places too much strain on the joint. Over use of the joint along with bad posture makes it easy to get this type of inflammation over time. The information over the internet shows that claims of natural treatment for chronic bursitis pain are vast. There are claims of many natural remedies, over the counter medicine, prescription medication and many other ways to prevent, treat, cure or relieve its symptoms.
Apart from severe pain, the other symptoms includes swelling and restricted movement. The ailment normally affects the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, base of the thumb, hip, knee, or Achilles tendon. Finding a remedy or treatment for chronic bursitis pain is not difficult, There are many herbs, herbal remedies, and homeopathic cures to select from but you have to be careful with wild claims, so consult a professional first. Let us look at how to get rid of busitis.
Alternative Treatment for Chronic Bursitis Pain:
Physical Therapy Treatments
- Get rid of severe pain caused by inflammation with hot and cold compress; something you can do at home, but you should not introduce your body to the cold for more than 20 minutes. Start with a cold compress and begin to alternate between the two. Doing this about three times a day will help reduce swelling.
- Rest the affected area. Resting the affected part of the body will prevent or reduce any further inflammation and will allow the area to heal, as overuse is what caused the injury in the first place. One area where rest is always prescribe is if the hip is affected – a condition known as – Trochanteric. Restricting or preventing excess movement is one of the remedy that will speed up the reduction in swelling
- Physical therapist. While rest is prescribe as a care and relief, on the other hand exercise can help relieve some areas of the body. A therapist can go through a variety of exercises with you including range of motion to help get your joints back in shape. These variety in movement will allow the area to go through a range of motions, as the area affected was normally dominated by one movement. This includes rotating the area by another person and making small movements up and down.
Other Physical Therapies includes.
- Soak in warm water with Epsom salts
- Treating with Acupuncture
- Elevation of affected area
Nutritional Treatment for Chronic Bursitis Pain:
- Increase your intake of foods containing vitamin A and C.
- Drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar helps reduce inflammation.
- Millet and linseed eaten daily will improve joint flexibility.
- Pineapple can help reduce inflammation in the joints.
- A tablespoon of honey taken with a cup of water also helps reduce inflammation.
Herbal Therapy that aid in the removal of excess fluid:
- Arnica oil
- Willow tea
- Meadowsweet tea
- Tincture made of horse tail, meadowsweet and willow bark
- Tincture made of lobelia and cramp bark
As previously mentioned, there are multiple treatments for chronic bursitis pain. These remedies can be used by themselves or they can be combined to be used as a multi-prong approach. As usual it is best to learn from the experience of others, and consulting someone who has had the illness and took care of it, is the best option. Nothing beats a good genuine testimonial.