Like me you enjoy the pleasure of eating and the smell of different spices or other tasty foods! We all do and this is actually a good thing! Enjoying a good meal in the company of others is part of the good life for almost everyone! But if you are a heartburn sufferer, you need to be very careful and extra cautious of the foods you eat. You have to be aware of the heartburn foods to avoid if you don’t want the discomfort of that burning feeling and the intense sour taste in your throat. This article will make you aware of the top 5 heartburn food to avoid and it will give you some more helpful tips!
There are a number of different causes for acid reflux, but…about 70% of people with heartburn would blame foods to cause the attack.
These foods include:
- Citrus fruits like oranges, lemon, grapefruit, cranberry, pineapple and other fruits with sour taste. These are acidic foods and should be avoided first.
- Chocolate, coffee and colas contain coffein which is known to cause the stomach to produce acid in excess.
- Liquor, wine and other alcoholic drinks can trigger an attack of heartburn as well!
- Spicy foods like chili and onions
- Pasta such as macaroni with cheese and spaghetti
Here is a summary of the most helpful tips:
• Moderate the amount of food you eat! This really makes a huge difference!
• Do not lie down after eating. Wait 2-3 hours before lying down.
• To prevent an attack, chew a gum to neutralize acid in your stomach.
Following these simple tips (i.e. knowing the heartburn foods to avoid) may very well be all it takes to prevent you from going through future painful attacks of acid reflux! In many cases some additional minor changes to your lifestyle do work wonders!