Acid reflux is a disease that brings discomfort to those who suffer from it. It can happen anytime during day or even at night. The pain is extremely irritating and it can last for few minutes to a very long time. There are many remedies available. Many people want only natural cures for acid reflux as it is safe and cheap. You should be very patient if you want to treat acid reflux naturally as it would take a significant amount of time to see its effect on the disease.
The reason why we go for natural cures for this is to eliminate long term complications that can occur with other medicines, to reduce the medication cost, to protect our body from toxins and to make our body healthy. Some of the natural cures for acid reflux include:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Many people with acid reflux use this. For many people it has been effective. But it has a strong metallic taste, so one has to tolerate this taste. Add 2-3 spoons of apple cider vinegar with water and drink 3 times a day.
- Chewing gum can be used to reduce heartburn as it is used to neutralize the acid in the body.
- Some of the herbs that you can include with tea are peppermint, ginger. You can put them in tea and drink after eating meal which helps in proper digestion.
- Ginger can also be used in the meals that help in proper digestion.
- Avoid lying down after a meal and eating large amount of food.
- Pineapple is an effective remedy for heartburn. It is rich in enzymes and helps in digestion.
- Cinnamon acts as an effective antiseptic, if you chew one after having meals.
- Aloe Vera juice can be used to get rid of heartburn.
- It is good have plenty of water after a meal.
- Drinking milk of raw coconut helps to reduce this condition.
- Fruits like apple, bananas, pineapple and papaya are extremely good and they make digestion easy.
- Consumption of carrot and cabbage can control the excess secretion of acid in the stomach.
- Chicory can be used as a substitute for coffee.
- Fresh garlic can be chewed everyday which makes the bowel free from pathogenic organisms.
Before you start with natural cure for heartburn you should consult with your doctor and make sure that you have been properly diagnosed with this condition to make the treatment more affective and safe. Also a good physician can help you with some natural remedies that work best for you.