The problem of hemorrhoids is commonly known as piles. Hemorrhoids recurrence is a very common problem. First of all, it is important to understand what hemorrhoids is, and what are the causes and the symptoms of hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are three spongy pads present in the lining of anal canal. It works as a seal that keeps mucus and faeces inside the anal canal until you go to lavatory. When the tissues around hemorrhoids fail to hold it in its appropriate position, it slips slightly downwards. The blood vessels within the hemorrhoids are dilated due to this misplacement.
There are certain symptoms of misplacement of hemorrhoids. The main symptom is bleeding while secretion of stools. Blood oozes out when stool pass over these spongy pads. In addition, itching is also a common symptom of this problem. It happens when hemorrhoids fails to act as soft spongy pads, due to dilated blood vessels. That is when mucus leaks out and irritates anal area. Other symptoms include pain and discomfort while secreting stools and soiling of underwear with mucus and faeces; this soiling is called skid marks.
Millions of peoples around the world faces this problem every once in a while. It is important to improve poor bowel habits in order to get rid of hemorrhoids, but it is also important to improve lifestyle and little awareness will prevent hemorrhoids recurrence. The healthy bowel habits that will help to prevent hemorrhoids to occur again are mentioned ahead.
1. After secreting stools; wash the anus with lukewarm water to clean the leaked mucus. Dry the anal area very carefully, with cotton wool. In addition, after cleaning, apply petroleum jelly to protect the skin from more leaked out mucus.
2. Avoid using perfumed toilet papers. Instead of wiping anal area, dab it softly with soft toilet paper.
3. Avoid wearing tight trousers instead of it wear loose pants. It will keep the anal area relieved.
4. Try not to scratch anal area while you feel to itch. Scratching will only worsen the problem of hemorrhoids.
5. The people suffering from this problem often feel that there is more to come out even after faeces are already passed out. In such condition avoid straining the rectum, as it may be a false feeling caused due to misplacement of hemorrhoids.
6. If you are suffering from constipation, try to get rid of it, as it will increase the chance of hemorrhoids recurrence.
Finally, to prevent the recurrence; increase the intake of foods those are rich in fiber. Fiber keeps the stools soft, and high- fiber diet will also prevent from constipation; as mentioned before, constipation is the most common cause for hemorrhoids recurrence. In addition, faulty eating habits should be also improved. Avoid eating too spicy and too oily foods; as spices have tendency to irritate the bowel movements. After eating meals wait at least for 1 hour, before going to bed. In conclusion, above mentioned methods and suggested improvements will help to get rid of hemorrhoids and it will also prevent from hemorrhoids recurrence, only a little awareness is required.