More and more people nowadays dislike the fact that they have to pay a lot of money for creams and medications that actually do not help in curing hemorrhoid. Actually, you can find relief from the discomfort of hemorrhoid by using various natural and more effective hemorrhoids cures. In fact, natural treatments are highly recommended by doctors and pharmacists. Let us explore some of the best and time-tested hemorrhoids cures that could help you alleviate the pain and discomfort brought about by this condition.
Hemorrhoids are irritating, painful, and sometimes bleeding masses of inflamed tissues and varicose veins in the anus and rectum. Since hemorrhoids slowly develop but tend to worsen every year, it advised that patients who manifest this condition should get an effective yet simple and gentle treatment. Luckily, hemorrhoids are easy to cure so treating them on their onset saves the patient from discomfort and irritation in the long run.
Hemorrhoids occur due to a variety of causes, including lack of fiber in the diet, prolonged sitting on the toilet, pregnancy, and chronic straining during bowel movement due to constipation. Tumors in the pelvis also cause hemorrhoids since they press the veins upward, thus, draining the anal canal.
Cures and treatments
Here are some proven-and-tested hemorrhoids cures that can help alleviate the discomfort brought about by this condition
• More fiber intake. Most physicians advise patients with hemorrhoid to eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and cereals to loosen the stool and prevent constipation that triggers hemorrhoids.
• Using a squat toilet. Eastern people are less prone to suffering from hemorrhoids than Westerns do since most of them squat when eliminating their wastes. Using a squat toilet greatly aids bowel movement and alleviates hemorrhoids since you don’t have to strain too much pressure when releasing feces. This in turn relieves the pressure exerted on the blood vessels in the rectum.
• Chamomile tea. Chamomile tea is an effective muscle relaxant. It does not only calm a nervous stomach, it also minimizes menstrual cramps and effective relief from hemorrhoids.
• Cold water or ice. Cold water or ice causes the blood vessels to contract, thus, temporarily shrinking the hemorrhoid. Likewise, applying ice packs and cold compresses soothes the pain and discomfort brought hemorrhoids
• Using stool softeners. Stool softeners make the bowel movement more relieving, easing the pressure exerted when eliminating the feces.
• Witch hazel. A decoction of witch hazel serves as an astringent that causes the blood vessels to shrink slightly. For more effective results, use witch hazel often in conjunction with the cold water methods: keep the decoction in the refrigerator to chill and use it as a cold compress.
• Ring cushions. Ring cushions don’t have any direct effect in treating hemorrhoids. However, since they make you sit down more comfortably, they are recommended for pregnancy- and childbirth-related hemorrhoids.
• Laxatives. Laxatives are great if you want immediate relief from constipation and hemorrhoid but never use this medication for a long period of time. They only you’re your condition worse and the side-effects far outweigh the benefits.