There is a strong connection between our nutrition and our state of mind. Bad nutrition can cause tension and stress, tiredness, nervousness. Doing a change in our eating habits and creating a balance between all our nutrition ingredients can make a big change in our stressing life and improving our feeling.
Food types that can cause tension and stress:
1. Food types that high on sugar and process – for example: cakes, cookies, high sugar drinks that kind of food can cause high energy burst for very very short time, and cause nervousness in the long run.
2. Food types that are high on salt – example: hotdogs and snacks can cause high blood pressure.
3. Caffeine – you can find it in all cola types, coffee, tea, and chocolate,cause high adrenalin rush and rise in the tension levels, drop to low level the absorption of iron in our system, that affect the intake of calcium and magnesium in our body that faction as stress relievers.
4. High in saturated fat food types – like meat and high fat cheese. Digestion is longer that can cause tiredness and exhaustion.
5. Alcohol – stimulant the adrenalin and give rise to the tension levels in the long run. Also affects the liver.
6. Preservatives and chemicals – like glutamic acid, have high negative impact on our brain.
Food types that improve our moods.
1. Food types that contain tryptophan – amino acids that turns later in the brain to serotonin. Oats, Cashew nut, wheat, yam, spinach.
2. Food types that high on potassium and vitamin B – like Legumes, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds, almonds, avocados, chicken, turkey, fish, egg, soy, broccoli, brown rice and dry.
3. Whole grains – for example – whole wheat bread, pasta and filled brown rice. Carbohydrates are absorbed slowly and help to release the chemicals serotonin and norepinephrine, enhancing the mood.
4. Fruits and vegetables – like pepper, broccoli and cabbage, rich in vitamins antioxidants, and therefore reduce the level of free radicals in the body, Vmspalym the transition tryptophan to serotonin – a substance with a calming effect.
5. Magnesium rich foods – such as almonds, nuts and green vegetables, which strengthen the adrenal gland function and Ahtmaatan of essential fatty acids in the body.
6. Zinc-rich foods – such as sesame seeds, nuts and beans, donor’s metabolism of essential fatty acids to create serotonin, which improves the mood.
7. Fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids – a northern sea fish: salmon, mackerel, halibut, cod, sole, tuna and sardines.
8. Tea – you should drink infusions of lemon balm, chamomile, ginseng and passion fruit.